Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Seo - Brainstorming On What You Sell

Brainstorming is simply a way to help you come up with an idea for what to sell on a website. It is also a valuable skill when it comes to helping you decide what keywords should be the focus of your SEO copywriting including the all important first lines of your pages as well the in context and out of context titles.

To brainstorm simply develop the habit of asking and answering the following questions whenever you feel stuck:

- What exactly is my product or service?

- Who exactly is my customer?

- Why does my customer buy my product or service?

- What is it my customer considers to be valuable about my product or service?

- What would I expect if I wanted to buy this product or service?

- What is it that makes my product or service superior to that of my competitors?

- Why, as a prospective customer, would I personally NOT buy my own product or service?

- Why does my prospective customer buy my competitor's products or services?

- What value does she or she perceive in buying from my competitor instead?

- How can I change that perception and get my competitor's customers to buy from me?

- What one thing must my customer is convinced of to buy from me, rather than from someone else?

Once you've asked and answered these questions, your next stage of planning is to decide on a plan of action that helps address the situations created by these questions as the answers will no doubt influence everything from the money you invest, advertising costs, marketing, distribution and SEO copy on your web site. Remember having a firm concept of what you want to sell in the first place is crucial to your success as an entrepreneur in the first place. Just having some common sense counts for a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment