The reason that most people fail online is that they simply can not attract enough traffic to their web site and as we all know, No Traffic = No Sales.
So just how can you get more traffic to your web site and how much is it going to cost you? The answer is zero, zilch, nada, nothing, also known as “Free”. So here they are, my Top 10 FREE Traffic Generation Tips:
1. Write and submit articles. Write quality unique new articles, not articles that are rehashed or provide no insight to readers.
2. Write and submit press releases. This is nearly as good as publishing articles.
3. Write and ping blogs. Always link back to your website with your blog posts. Make multiple blogs and have them all link back to one primary site.
4. Make sure that your web site is listed in DMOZ: http://dmoz.org
5. Advertise your web site in the appropriate categories on http://craigslist.org. Post your ads in the largest most populated cities in the world.
6. Use your signature (with your web site URL) in niche related discussion boards and forums that you frequently visit if they allow signatures.
7. Review related products on http://Amazon.com. You can try and direct some customers to your web site from your competitors by providing your own web site URL if the product is similar.
8. Review websites in your niche on http://Alexa.com to try to direct some of their traffic to your web site by including a reference back to your site.
9. Review some related products on http://epinion.com
10. If you buy a product that you actually like, then leave a testimonial (with your web site URL). You should get some traffic from that web site if your testimonial is left with a URL.
These traffic generation tips are provided to you courtesy of John Spohr, M.S.M. of The Wealth Formula and EDC Gold.
Also see “8 Ways to Promote Your Business or Website”.
This upcoming article will additional offer tips on the best way to promote your site free or very inexpensively.