If you are trying to search engine optimize (SEO) your site you are facing a lot of competition. Here is a breakdown of the top ten search engine optimization strategies to help get your site boosted in the page rankings of the major search engines. However keep in mind that s some of these strategies may not apply to every web site.
1. Write a free ebook and ask web site owners selling a similar product if they would like to give it away for free on your site. Of course the ebook will also contain your affiliate links.
2. Write a review of another site’s products or services and publish it on your website. This may encourage him or her to link to you, which boosts your rankings and increases traffic.
3. Submit articles to the website that you are hoping to exchange links with to boost business.
4. If the website has a forum or blog make sure you respond with comments and leave your link so people can visit your site.
5. Ask the webmaster about trading advertising or putting a free ad on your page in exchange for a link if they are a site with way more traffic than you.
6. Give the web site a testimonial for their product or service. Include a text link for your web site within the testimonial and ask if they want to include it their ad copy.
7. If the site has a free for all links page, post your text link on it. You may want to go back and post your link regularly so it stays towards the top.
8. Make sure you sign their guest book and leave a complimentary comment in their guest book along with your URL.
9. Answer a question for the site owner on his or her blog followed by your URL link.
10. Propose a cross promotion deal with the webmasters and mistresses of sites you like. You could promote each other’s products or services in a package deal.